- Blood is a tissue
- It is made up of a liquid called plasma, which is made up of three different components: red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
- Plasma transports various chemical substances around the body, such as the products of digestion, hormones, antibodies, urea and carbon dioxide.
- Red blood cells:
- Contain haemoglobin, which binds to oxygen to transport it from the lungs to the tissues and cells, which need it for respiration
- do not contain a nucleus, so there is more room for haemoglobin
- are very small, so they can…