- Created by: LydiaMae1401
- Created on: 24-11-19 13:24
The Nervous System
Central Nervous System (CNS)
- Components of the brain and spinal cord.
- Controls behaviour and regulates the bodies functions.
- Receives info from the sensory receptors via sensory neurons.
- Sends messages to the muscles and glands via motor neurones.
- Simple reflexes are replayed via the spinal cord.
- Relays info between the brain and rest of body.
- Connected to different parts of the body by pairs of spinal nerves. Connect to muscles and glands.
- 4 main areas: cerebrum (left and right hemisphere). Cerebellum (coordination and balance). Diencephalon and brain stem (regulates breathing and heartbeat).
- 4 lobes: Occipital lobe (vision), Temporal lobe: Wernicke (speech comprehension) and Broca (speech production). Contains the auditory area. Parietal lobe: somatosensory area involving senses and plan. Frontal…