- Your bones support your body and protect your vital organs.
- Ribcage protects heart and lungs.
- As you grow some of your bones fuse together.
- Your bones are organs and are alive.
- Over a period of about seven years all yours bones in your body are gradually replaced.
- Bones contain: blood vessels, nerve cells and living bone cells called osteocytes.
- These are all held together by non-living calcium and phosphorous.
- Bone tissue adapts, bones may change shape slightly and specialise for different functions.
- The spine is…