REVISION SUMMARY FOR BIOLOGY - INTERDEPENDANCE
- Life depends on solar energy absorbed during photosynthesis and stored in chemicals like starch.
- Autotrophs make food from minerals, carbon dioxide, and water but heterotrophs need ready - made food.
- Chlorophyll absorbs light for photosynthesis. The equation is:
Carbon Dioxide + Water -> Glucose + Oxygen
- Some glucose is used for respiration and to make cellulose, protein, starch and chlorophyll.
- Nitrates are absorbed and added to glucose to make proteins.
- They are absorbed by active transport…