- Created by: Zayna Khawaja
- Created on: 27-12-12 13:49
1. TRANSCRIPTION - RNA COPY OF GENE IS MADE
- Takes place in the nucleus
- With the help of helicase enzyme, hydrogen bonds between two DNA strands break, allowing the two strands to partly separate
- One of the strands is used as a template, (template strand) to make a mRNA molecule. The template strand is called the antisense strand.
- The mRNA is built from free RNA nucleotides which line up against the DNA template strand.
- Every triplet code…