Cell and Cell Structure
Human and Animal Cells have...
- Nucleus - contains genetic material that controls activities of cell
- Cytoplasm - where most chemical reactions take place. Enzymes control these reactions
- Cell Membrane - control passage of substances in and out of cell an holds cell together
- Mitochondria - where most energy is released in respiration
- Ribosomes - where proteins are made
Plant ALSO have..
- Chloroplasts - absorb light energy to make food. Where photosynthesis happens. Contains green substance called chlorophyll
- Permanent Vacuole - filled with cell sap (weak solution of sugar and salt)
- Rigid Cell Wall - made of cellulose. Supports cell and strengthens it
Bacteria Cell... (Single celled organism)
- Has Cytoplasm And a cell membrane surrounded by a cell wall
- Genetic material floats in the cell because it has no nucleus.
Yeast... (single-celled organism)
- nucleus, cytoplasm and a membrane surrounded by a cell wall
Specialised Cells (Specific for Function)
Palisade Leaf Cells (Photosynthesis)
- Lots of chloroplasts near top of cell so they are nearer light for photosynthesis
- Tall shape so they have more surface area on the side…