- Neuron = nerve cell
- Nerve = collection of many neurons
- Central nervous system (CNS) = made up of the brain and the spinal cord
- Sensory neuron = neurons that carry electrical impulses from the body to the CNS
- Nerve impulse = electrical signals that carry along nerve cells
- Motor neuron = neurons that carry electrical impulses from the CNS to the body
- Synapse = the tniy gap between two neurons
- Relay neuron = relay messages from the ensory neuron to the motor neuron
- Stimulus = changes that cause your body to respond
- Suppress = to stop/ inhibit
A neuron is a nerve cell. It has a cell body conaining a nucleus. The sensory neuron has its cell body in the middle. Sensory neuron detects stimulus and send messages to the brain or central nervous system.
The motor neuron has its cell body at one end of the cell. Motor neurons cary information from the brain or the CNS back to the body. The relay neuron has lots of branching and it is found in the CNS.
Journey of a nerve impulse:
When the nerve impulse that carry electrical signals get to the end of the neuron, it…