- Created by: Sally
- Created on: 28-03-12 20:18
KEY TERMS YOU NEED TO KNOW BY HEART FOR THE UNIT 2 EDEXCEL EXAM
SPECIES-A species is a group of organisms with similar morphology, physiology and behaviour, which can interbreed to produce a fertile offspring and are reproductively isolated form other species.
- Morphology- structures of an organism
- Physiology- the inside of an organism
- Behaviour- how an organism acts
HABITAT- A place where an organism lives.
POPULATION- A group of interbreeding individuals of the same species found in an area.
COMMUNITY- Various populations in an area.
NICHE- How an organism exploits its its environment.
TYPES OF ADAPTATIONS
- BEHAVIOURAL ADAPTATION- Any actions that help an organism to survive or reproduce.
- PHYSIOLOGICAL ADAPTATIONS- The features of the internal working organism that enable it to survive or reproduce.
- ANATOMICAL ADAPTATIONS- Structures we…