- Parents pass on genetic information to their offspring in the sex cells (gametes).
- The genetic information is found in the necleus of your cells. the nucleus contains chromosomes carry the genes that control the characteristics of your body.
- Different genes control the development of different characteristics.
Genes- a short section of dna carrying genetic information
Gametes-sex cell which has half the cromosomes number of an ordinary cell
Chromosomes-thread like structures carrying genetic information found in the necleus of a cell
Types of Reproduction
- In asexual reproduction there is no joining of gametes and only one parent. There is no genetic variety in the offspring.
- The genetically indentical offspring of asexual reproduction are known as clones.
- In sexual reproduction male and female gametes join. The mixture of genetic information from two parents leads genetic variety in ther offspring.
- Variety is produces is a great advantage in making sure that the species survive. Variety makes it more likley that at least few of the opffspring…