- Created by: Anna
- Created on: 27-04-13 17:19
The cell cycle
Cells don't divide continuously, they undergo regular cycle of division separated by periods of cell growth = cell cycle.
1) Interphase = occupies most of the cell cycle, known as resting phase (no division takes place), divided into 3 parts:
- First growth (G1) phase - proteins produced that synthesise organelles.
- Synthesis (S) phase - DNA is replicated.
- Second growth (G2) phase - organelles grow and divide, energy stores are released.
2) Nuclear division = nucleas divides into two or four (mitosis or meiosis).
3) Cell division = process by which whole cell…