- Created by: 1hollybell
- Created on: 27-02-19 18:06
- energy from the sun to make glucose.
- some glucose used to make larger, complex molecules - biomass (mass of living material).
- happens inside chloroplasts - contain chlorophyll which absorbs light.
- energy transferred to chloroplasts by light.
Carbon Dioxide + Water ---(light)---> Glucose + Oxygen
- endothermic reaction - energy taken in during reaction.
- rate of photosynthesis affected by: (these can be limiting factors aswell)
- Light Intensity -> too little = slows down.
- C02 Concentration -> too little = slows down.
- Temperature -> too much = enzymes denature.
TRANSPORT IN PLANTS
Root Hair Cells - absorbs minerals and water from soil.