Diet and Metabolic Rate:
A balance diet must provide the energy your body needs.
- Carbohydrates - to release energy
- Fats - to keep warm and release energy
- Protein - for growth, cell repair and cell replacement
- Fibre - to keep everything running smoothly through your digestive system
- Vitamins and Minerals (in tiny amounts) - to keep everything else generally healthy
Metabolism is all the reactions that happen in your body that keep you alive, and the speed at which they occur is called your metabolic rate. You need energy to fuel these reactions