Diet and Metabolic Rate
- Carbohydrates - Slow release energy
- Fats - Fast release energy
- Protein - Growth, cell repair and replacement
- Fibre - Help the digestive system
- Vitamins and Minerals - To keep skin, bones, blood and everything else healthy
- Metabolic Rate - The rate at which metabolism occurs in a living organism.
- Metabolism - the chemical processes that occur within a living organism in order to maintain life.
- The bigger you are the higher your metabolic rate
- More muscle = higher metabolic rate
- Men, on average, have a higher metabolic rate over women.
Factors affecting Health
- Excess carbs or fat can lead to obesity
- Obesity - the state of being extremely over fat.
- Main causes of…