2) Biological ‘threads’- Biochemistry, brain structure, genetics, viral infections, birth complications and brain damage
· The biological approach has many threads.
· Even though they are separate explanations, they still work on the same basis that it is our biology which causes mental illness
· The separate explanations also tend to overlap with each other: e.g. viral infections cause a difference to brain structure- they cause brain inflammation.
· It is suggested that birth complications such as pre-eclampsia during pregnancy or having a emergency Caesarian section can increase the risk of schizo.
+Plenty of studies to support these ‘threads’ as well as quantitative,…