- Genes determain gender by chromosomes XX (girl) XY (boy)
- Male carries X or Y and the female carries X so it is the male which detrmaines the baby's gender
- Combination of genes is called a Genotype and the physical expression of these genes is the Phenotype
- Sex chromosomes lead to the production of glands which produce sex hormones which causes the foetus to develop into a male or female.
- Gonads (sex organs) develop which produce gametes and hormones
- At about 6-8 weeks, the foetus will either…