Ho Chi Minh and the ICP
- Born in Vietnam in 1890
- His father Nguyen Huy was employed by the French as a teacher
- Nguyen refused to learn the French language and lost his job, forcing him to travel and offer his services to peasants (usually writing letters and providing medical care)
- As a nationalist Nyguyen taught children to resist the rule of the French
- Ho Chi Minh's sister was also employed by the French Army, from whom she stole weapons.
- She was imprisoned for life by French forces
- Nguyen sent Ho Chi Minh to a French speaking school in order to prepare him for a battle against France
- Ho Chi Minh was also a school teacher for a short period of time
- This allowed him to travel to many countries, where the French Empire dominated
- Ho lived in Paris and discovered left-wing literature and eventually supported Communism
- In December 1920, Ho became a member of the French Communist Party when it was formed
- He was inspired by the Russain Revolution and in 1924 he visited the Soviet Union.
- When in Moscow…