1. Describe how you would use a biochemical test to show that a reducing sugar is present.
- Add benedicts test and heat
- If a red precipate/colour forms, a reducing sugar is present
2. Some people have used the graph to conclude that a high percentage of fat in the diet causes breast cancer. Evaluate this conclusion.
- Correlation does not prove causation
- Relate to graph: postive correlation
- Against that point: Different death rates at same fat
3. Emphysema reduces the efficiency of gas exchange in the lungs. Explain why
- Reduces surface area
- Less alveoli
- Less diffusion
- Reduced flow rate
- Alveoli do not recoil