- Created by: etaylor0206
- Created on: 04-06-15 16:31
- If God knows everything and is omnipotent can he be benevolent?
- There is this struggle: if God is in control is he responsible for the evil in our world? Surely an all powerful God would intervene if he was good?
- If God has limited knowledge and omnipotence then humans are allowed free will. If they didnt have free will would it be fair for humans to be punished?
- N Geisler says that if our choices are predetermined that makes God immoral and us amoral
- However this does not really fit with the traditional judaeo-christian idea of God.
- Is it possible to believe in an all good God who punishes?
- YES = if no punishment, would be doing an injustice to those affected by wrongdoers and God is presented as a just God. If evil people were allowed in heaven, heaven cannot really be good…