Agnosticism: Not being sure whether God exists.
Atheism: Believing that God does not exist.
Conversion: When your life is changed by giving yourself to god.
Free will: The idea that humans are free to make their own decisions.
Miracle: Something which breaks the laws of science, leading to the assumption that it is the work of god.
Moral evil: Actions done by humans which cause suffering.
Natural evil: Things which cause suffering but have nothing to do with humans.
Numinous: The feeling of a greater presence.
Omni-benevolent: The belief that God is all good.
Omnipotent: The belief that God is all powerful.
Omniscient: The belief that God knows everything and everything that will happen.
Prayer: An attempt to contact God.
'Parents should not force religion onto there children' Do you agree?-
A christian upbringing gives an environment for good behavior, setting the idea that Jesus is a role model. Morals and Goodness are encouraged and it become a good center for families and communities to spend time together.
However faith can be life-lasting, a exposure to other cultures good be an enriching experience. It can be viewed as a dictation of our children's minds.
Religious experience and belief in god
Do you think God still performs miracles today?
Yes- So many unexplained events; good and bad which affect us. Natural disasters and acts of human kindness which seem to abnormal.
No- It is the work of science and there is neither any evidence that God ever did perform miracles.
REMEMBER: It can come in the experience of 'A miracle', 'An answered prayer', 'A numinous experience' or 'Conversion'.
The design argument
- The world is so well ordered and balanced. So complex, beautiful and interdependent on such small parts
- This complexity must therefore have been designed
- If it is designed it must have a 'designer'
- The only being powerful enough is God.
- God must therefore exist...
Remember DNA, scientists discovered but did not create!
The causation argument
- Nothing can happen by itself
- Everything that happens must be caused by something else
- The universe could 'not have happened' by itself
- A very powerful force must have been causes the universe
- This cause must have been God
- This means God does exist...
Do you think things can happen by chance?
Yes-It could be the result of science and nature instead of the immediate assumption that God is involved.
No-God created the beginning and so therefore everything after is a consequence…