Aim: To establish a baseline measure of how obedient naive participants would be when ordered to administer increasingly intense electric shocks to an innocent victims.
- sample of 40 volunteers selected by newspaper advertising all male
- Advert offered $4.00
- Study took place in Yale University
- they were told they were taking part in a study on the effect of punishment on memory.
- There was a draw to find out who was the teacher and who was the learner.
- The learner was a confederate.
- They were shown the equipment and watched the confederate…