- Behaviourism is a scientific theory that aims to objectively measure observable behaviour through observations and experiments
- Behavioural therapies have been successful in treating phobias and eliminating unwanted behaviour.
- It has impacted on education policy e.g. achievement in school is a matter of creating the right environment (positive reinforcement)
- Use experiments which lack ecological validity
- Behaviourists use animal studies and the results form animal studies cannot be generalised to humans…