What's inside a Plant or animal?
- Animals and Plants = multicellular organisms
- The cells can be specialised to do certain jobs
- Groups of specialised cells = tissues
- Groups of tissues = organisms
What are Human Stem Cells?
- Humans develope form a Zygote (single fertillised egg)
- Zygote devides to create an embryo.
- When the embyo has 8 cells or fewer they are all identical. These are the embryonic stem cells.
- These embryonic stem cells can produce any type of cell a growing human needs.
- After 8 cell stage most embryo cells become specialised - form different types of tissue.
- By about 8 weeks the tissue groups to create the organs. It is…
Similar Science resources: