Biological Catalysts - Enzymes.
Enzymes make chemical reactions work.
Enzymes Are Catalysts Produced by Living Things.
1) Thousands of chemical reactions happen inside living things all the time.
2) These reactions have to be carefully controlled to make sure you get the right amount of substances.
3) You can usually make a reaction happen quicker by raising the temperature. This speeds up the good and bad reactions. There's also a limit to how high you can raise the temperature before the cells start to get damaged.
4) Living things produce enzymes which act as biological catalysts and reduce the need for high temperatures. There are only enzymes for the useful chemical reactions in the body.
A CATALYST IS A SUBSTANCE WHICH INCREASES THE SPEED OF A REACTION, WITHOUT BEING CHANGED OR USED UP.
5) Enzymes are all proteins which is why proteins are so important.
6) All proteins are made up…