- Created by: jkav
- Created on: 24-04-14 22:32
- Adult stem cells, e.g. bone marrow cells, are useful in treating some disorders such as leukaemia.
- More recently, docotors have investigated the use of embryonic stem cells which have the potential to differentiate into a wide variety of cells.
- Embryonic stem cells are taken from spare embryos from IVF or created from adult cells or may be taken from the umbilical cord of newborn babies.
- Embryonic stem cells could be used to grow new tissues and…