- attributions are beliefs about the causes of a person's behaviour
- HEIDER proposed simplistic model of attribution
- beliefs about the causes of a persons behaviour categorised in two ways:
- 1st= internal attribution: person themself responsible fro their behaviour, their personality
- 2nd= external attribution, use external factors as responsible for a person's behaviour e.g. environmen or situation they are in.
- KELLEY, proposed a more complex model known as the COVARIATION MODEL.
- attributions are determined by the covariance of three factors:
- CONSISTENCY= does the person always behave…