- Created by: KatyG14
- Created on: 18-02-19 12:21
- ATP - is a nucleotide derivative and the hydrolysis of ATP is used as energy in things such as active transport, making molecules, mitosis and muscle contraction.
- The hydrolysis of ATP (to ADP and Pi) requires ATP hydrolase. The released Pi can be used to make other compounds more reactive known as phosphorylation.
- ATP is made in a condensation reaction of ADP and Pi and requires ATP synthase.
- Inorganic ions - inorganic = doesn’t contain carbon. Ion = has a positive or negative charge
- Iron Ions - found in haemoglobin. Haemoglobin has a quaternary structure (4 polypeptide chains each with an Fe2+ . The Fe2+ binds to the oxygen. TheFe2+ becomesFe3+ when oxygen is bound.
- Hydrogen ions…