- asch's study was a laboratory experiment
- asch asked student volunteers to take part in a 'vision test'
- participants paid $3 each
- consisted of 123 male undergraduates from three different US colleges
- sampling technique used was volunteer/self-selected sampling
- in each session there was only one real(naive) participant and a group of 6-8 confederates
- in each session, the naive participant was seated last or second to last, this was to ensure that he heard everybody else's answers before he gave his answer
- the participants were presented with 2 large white cards, on one card was…