- Created by: Brendan Dunlop
- Created on: 27-12-10 15:08
Listed below are the 4 factors affecting the capacity of STM:
1) Influence of LTM: It has been found that due to rehearsal of tasks, LTM is helping to increase the capacity of STM temporarily, as LTM remembers how the task was initially done.
2) Reading aloud: Performance is much better if digits are read aloud before attmepting recall compared to reading it in your head (sub-vocal rehearsal)
3) Rhythmic grouping: Performance is better if the numbers are grouped together rhythmically.
4) Pronounciation time: It has been found that participants consistently remembered as many items as they…