Concept- Memory is about processing information.
The process goes;
Input(the information going in) ----- Processing(How the mind works on the information) ------ Output (The ability to recall/fail to recall information)
The two models of processing information:
- Multi store Model (MSM)
- Working Memory Model (WMM)
Key things when learning about memory are;
- How much storage does the mind have?
- How long can we keep information for?
- Why do we forget?
- How do we remember?
- How is information encoded?
What is Encoding? Transferring information in to code.
Even though we have 5 senses, when working with memory researchers only really focus on two. The two senses are;
- Iconic- Sight information. Information lasts 0.5 seconds
- Acoustic/echoic-Audio information ' ' 2.0 seconds.
3 Memory Systems (In the MSM);
- Sensory Memory System- This is the first memory system that information comes to before either going to another memory system or being completely forgotten. The…