Reicher and Haslam:
- Set up a broadcast on UK television by the BBC.
- called 'The Experiment'.
- it was similar to Zimbardo's study
- it was found that the prison guards failed to take overall control and the prisoners took authority.
- the prisoners were being filmed instead of being observed, and were more streetwise.
Gamson, Fireman and Rytina (1982)
- set up a situation which participants were encouraged to rebel against an unjust authority
- volunteers took part in a study- standards of behaviour in the community
- attended a…