- Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882) was a biologist who used the a posteriori argument to come up with his own theory of evolution and natural selection.
- He noticed that plants and animals adapted according to their environment and changed.
- It was 'survival of the fittest' and the organisms that had the best characteristics survived and bred to pass on their characteristics to the next generation.
- This has happened over millions of years and is still going on.
- Hume had also said that a reason why our world seems so perfect is because the objects that didn't have good characteristics didn't survive - only the good did.
- It may seem that the…
Similar Philosophy resources: