- Personal autonomy - Doctors have to respect their patient's wish as per the Good Medical Practice guide for doctors (2006).
- Quality of life principle - Person's life could be diminshing and prevent them from having a decent existence.
- Ends a patient's suffering - Death is often preceded by serious pain.
- Not allowing it will put extra pressure on society - People can be left with no one to care for them.
- Shortens suffering to a patient's family - Reduces length of suffering.
- Allows us to legalise and regulate what already happens - e.g. The Principle of Double Effect.
- No difference between withdrawing treatment (passive and legal euthanasia) and delivering a lethal injection (active and illegal euthanasia) - Passive euthansia could actually be more painful than active euthanasia due to the patient living in pain for…