- Created by: Aoife
- Created on: 18-01-11 19:45
Distance time graphs
the slope on a distance time graph represents speed.
the steeper the slop the greater the speed.
the speed of a body is the distance travelled each second which is calculated using the equation
velocity and accerleration
velocity is the speed in a given direction
acceleration is change of velocity per second
we can calculate acceleration using this equation
acceleration(m/s)²=change in velocity/time taken for the change
if the acceleration works out as a negative number it means the body is decelerating- slowing down
- the slope of the line represents acceleration
- the steeper the slope greater the acceleration
- if the slope is negative, the body is decelerating
- the area under the line on the graph represents the distance travelled in a given time