- Atoms of particular element always have the same number of protons but different neutrons.
- Atoms of the same element with different numbers of neutrons are called isotopes.
- Isotopes does not mean that the atoms is radioactive
- Atoms of different isotopes have different masses
Atomic number means the number of protons
Mass number means the total number of protons and neutrons
Relative Atomic Mass
12 (Mass Number)
6 (Atomic Number)
Particle Relative Mass
Relative Formula Mass
- Sum of the relative atomic masses of all the…