Diet and Exercise
A combination of a balanced diet and regular exercise is needed to help keep the body healthy.
A healthy diet conatins the right balance of the different foods you need and the right amount.These foods should provide the following nutrient groups:
- Carbohydrates for energy and to make cell structures
- Fat for energy and insulation and cell structures
- Protein to control cell reactions (as enzymes) and to build cell structures
- Vitamins and Minerals to help our bodies functions well.
A person is malnorished if their diet is not balanced.This may lead to a person being overweight or underweight.An unbalanced diet may also lead to dieases. Lack of essential nutrients in the diet can lead to dificiency diseases.Excess intake of high energy foods can lead to type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1: This is a disease where the person is unable to control the levels of sugar in their blood
- Type 2: This is a very dangerous, and the person must carefully control their diet and monitor their blood sugar levels regularly.
A person gains mass when the energy…