The Theory Of Plate Tectonics.
- Proposed by Alfred Wegener in 1912.
- His theory stated that a single continent called 'Pangaea' existed about 300 million years ago.
- Also stated that today's continents are the split descendants of 'Pangaea'.
- This theory was called the theory of 'continental drift'.
Key Terms (If you don't know these, go and revise and recap, and come back to continue reading this)
- Hot Spot
- Plate Tectonics
- Seismic Waves
Development Of The Theory (Geological)
- The fit of South America and Africa as continents when physically aligned.
- Evidence of the glaciation of the late Carboniferous period. (290 million years ago)
- Deposits found in areas where they no longer…
Similar Geography resources: