- Created by: Rebecca Singh
- Created on: 23-11-18 16:08
One method of separating substances in a mixture is chromatography. Chromatography can be used to separate different dyes in an ink.
Spot of Ink
1) Draw a line near the bottom of a sheet of filter paper. (Use a pencil to do this pencil marks won't dissolve in the solvent.).
2) Add a spot of ink to the line.
3) Pour a small amount of solvent into a beaker so it forms a shallow layer.
4) The solvent used depends on what's being tested. Some compounds dissovle well in water, but sometimes other solvents, like ethonal,…