Hitler was an Austrian. and wrote about his dream of uniting Germany and Austria into one Reich ..
- July 1934 Austrian Nazis attempted to take power in Austria.
- Mussolini threatened to send troops to protect Austria.
- Hitler decided not to risk war with Italy since the Army was still weak in 1934.
- By 1938 Mussolini was now Hitler's closest ally. and Hitler felt that Germany was strong enough to achieve Anschluss.
- Early 1938 Hitler forced Austrian Chancellor Schussnigg. into agreeing to work more closely with Germany.
- However Schussnigg did not want to be…