- Born in 1500-1501. A member of a minor noble/gentry family
- Sent to netherlands to assist the household of Archduchess Margret
- Transferred to France to wait on Mary Tudor when she married king Louis and then stayed un France under the protection of Queen Claude
- She stayed in France for 6-7 years, acquring according to David Starky "French polish"
- Anne returned from Paris in about 1522. She was courted by Henry Percy and Thomas Wyatt, the poet. Wolsey intervened to prevent the betrothal of Anne to Percy.
- By the end of 1525 Henry's affair with Mary Boylen was over
- In February…