Composer- George Frideric Handel
- Born in Germany 1685, eventually settled in England.
- 'Royal composer' to King George I
- Died 1759
- Baroque- 1600-1750
- Fourth movement in part 1 of 'The Messiah' Oratorio.
- It is a chorus- used to sum upthe action of the story.
- Ornamented, use of keys, basso continuo (harpsichord/organ + cello/bassoon), terraced dynamics, imitation, harpsichord, chamber music, polyphonic textures, baroque orchestra.
Musical Elements, Instrumentation & Features
- Time Signature: 3/4
- Tonality: Begins and ends in A major, modulated to dominant E major and its dominant B major- no minor keys.
- Tempo: Allegro (fast dance tempo), adagio (slow) for last four bars.
- Dynamics: No dynamics on…