- Layout = the way the page in arranged
- Presentational devices = idividual things that make up the layout.
What to do in the exam:
- write about what features the writter has used and how it effects the text.
- Headings - comment on size & style. The main heading in a news paper in a headline
- Strapline - a second, introductory headline below the main one
- Subheadings - comment on how offen they're used, are they used offen to break up the article? how does they help identify the target audience?
- Font - the style, colour and size of writting, why has it been used?
- Capital letters - e.g the FIRST word of an artical may be in capiltal letters, why?
- Captions - the text under…