- Modern Aristotelian virtue ethicist
- Believes modern day world are lacking virtues.
- 3 characters have arison as a result of this and he thinks most people are at least a version of these:
- The rich aesthete: continuously searching for bigger and greater pleasures
- Bureaucratic manager: focused on achieving the 'end' by whatever means necessary
- The Therapist: those who essentially 'massage' the egos of the others, keeping everything ticking over.
- MacIntyre's belief that virtues are needed to keep communities/societies running.
- Can generally see features of a community in the individuals of that community.
- Practices and traditions within human communities depend on the virtues and it is his belief that they fall apart…