- Created by: ktommo
- Created on: 14-03-18 16:50
- Segregation in public places had disappeared.
- African-Americans were voting on an equal basis to whites and increasingly being elected to public office.
- All political figures within the main parties accepted the principle of racial equality and condemned discrimination.
- Middle-class African-Americans had increased their numbers and were prominent in American business life.
- Opposition to civil rights legislation had largely disappeared.
- Unemployment remained…