Taking measurements and recording
- Always take repeated results and use the average of them unless specifically instruced otherwise.
- Ensure you use a wide a range as possible of the variable you are testing.
- Plot the variables on the axes as requested.
- The points should cover at least half the grid in both x and y directions.
- Label axes with both variable names and units.
- Points should be crosses and they should be marked on the grip with a sharp pencil.
- Best fit lines should be drawn such that the points are evenly scattered either side along the length of the line if they don't actually lie upon it.
- If a point is…
Similar Physics resources: