- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 09-03-19 15:36
- Adrenaline is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands, which are just above the kidneys.
- Adrenaline is released in response to stressful and scary situations- your brain detects fear or stress and sends nervous impulses to the adrenal glands, which respond by secreting adrenaline.
- It gets the body ready for 'fight or flight' by triggering mechanisms that increase the supply of oxygen and glucose to the cells in the brain and muscles. For example, adrenaline increases heart rate.
- Your body can control the levels of hormones (and other substances) in the blood using negative feedback systems. When the body detects that the level of a…