March 25th 1933 - letter
- syntax - 'being wrongs done'
- simile - 'like an electric shock'
- rhetorical question - 'but i ask myself, is he quite sane?'
- metaphor - 'the quicksand of despire' - strong imagery shows power of the nazi movement
- affectionate mode of address - 'dear old max'
- repetition - 'surge' / 'i dont know' - gives emphasis
- semantic field - hitler/nazis/lifestyle in germany at the time
- conjunctions - 'and' / 'but' - alot of conjuctions
- emotive - 'a leader is found!'
- ironic - ' never abandoning the trueness of friendship'…