(notes taken from the CGP revision guides)
- Information is converted into signals.
- Infomation is being transmitted everywhere all the time.
- Whatever kind of information you're sending is converted into electrical signals before it's transmitted.
- It's then sent long distances down telephone wires or carried on EM waves.
- There are two ways you can send information as waves- AM and FM.
- AM Radio Waves have varying amplitude.
- An AM radio transmitter sends out continuous carrier wave.
- The signal is superimposed on the carrier wave using amplitude modulation.
- AM-Amplitude Modulation: The sound wave from the music 'modulates' or changes…