- Created by: charl0tteer
- Created on: 23-03-21 18:38
- By 2021 co2 +417ppm, 50% since IR
- Mitigation prevent +2c threshold
- Reduces positive feedback mechanisms, arctic amplification
- Long term solution
- Adaptation quick fix
ENERGY EFFICIENCY/RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Climate change Levy 2001 – aim to cut emissions by 2.5 million tonnes by 2010
- EU = 20% renewable
- Green deal scheme = energy efficient boilers/lightbulbs.
- Mexico – 23 mil energy saving lightbulbs for free. Reduced 80% of energy. Prevented 1.4 mil tonnes of co2 emissions.
- Giant solar farm in Kent = controversial, damaging ecosystems/endangered species.
- Net forest carbon sink only 1.1 billion
- Big tree campaign = 1 mil trees
- Shandong, China = droughts, floods and desertification. + forests by 23% by 2020. 12 mil tonnes of carbon sequestered. $162 mill.