An abortion is the removal of a foetus from the womb before it can survive
When does life begin?
- At fertilisation?
- When the fertilised egg is implanted into the womb?
- When the foetus is developing in the womb?
- When the foetus is capable of living independantly of the mother?
- At birth?
- At some other point?
THE UK ABORTION LAWS: 1967 ABORTION ACT; HUMAN FERTILISATION AND EMBRYOLOGY ACT OF 1990
- Abortions must be agreed by two doctors
Abortion is allowed up to 24 weeks if:
- there is a physical or mental risk to…