Mob Football emerged in Europe during the middle ages as an earlier form of football.
These early codes of football were used to help devise the games of Rugby and Modern day Football.
- Between two villages- LOCAL
- Lack of rules except murder! - UNWRITTEN
- Annual Celebration - IRREGULAR
- Rough/Violent - CRUEL
- Between neighbouring villages - RURAL
- Had sporting stars - OCCUPATIONAL?
Who was involved?
- Groups of men usually. Mainly those of the poorer class as it was unsuitable for those of the upper classes to be fighting.
How was it played?
- Moving the ball from one pub to another using…